Thursday, March 17, 2011

Zombies, Camping, and Work

 Funny dreams last night

In one, I was the hero in a zombie/vampire story. I was trying to keep a group of us safe, while they tried to get into our house, we were on the roof for a bit and they kept trying to get closer and closer, and we call kept beating them away, we learned they were after some type of coded message being kept in the basement.

In another part, I was on a camping trip in a truck by myself, I had driven to some unknown town and for some reason decided to go into some other house that was empty and cook some food (macaroni and cheese I think). Only later for them to return home to the mess and want to know what I was doing there. I explained I was sorry but really wanted a hot meal.

In my third dream; I was at work, outside and I got very upset with a few folks that work for me (my director, and my project manager I think), I was shouting at them for something where they were wrong and I was right, and I just wanted them to recognize they were wrong and it caused an overly heated argument. I just wasn't feeling respected, and I don't think I was respecting others.

I think the first dream is related to me feeling like a hero yesterday at work, we finally got the help system up and running, when our app architect came out all upset at one of the clients, so I went back to my desk and solved the problem and made everything good again. The third dream I think was a reflection of that anger, blowing things out of proportion for no good reason. The second dreams seems that I'm guilty for something, taking something that isn't mine?

So the whole thing has me thinking about different ways people “deal” with stress. There has been a lot of talk between some of my workmates “blaming” the clients. Personally I feel it is unjust, plus I don't think it's a good idea to blame the clients. Also the problem is that in addition to not being respectful of others, I know they might be just people “blowing of steam” but is it really the best outlet to blame the clients?


No comments:

Post a Comment