Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Dreams - Lava Lamp and Sleep Walking

 

For my birthday this year, I received this cool blue lava lamp. The lamp is placed at the top of my bed, and during the night gives this almost 'pre-daylight glow'.

Ever since the lava lamp being placed there, I have been having the most vivid recall of my dreams.

Last night's dream in particular was an entire documentary on an invention made in the 1800's that allowed people to better associate areas of latitude and longitude on the earth surface as related in maps. The device that was invented was this sort of half round globe, that extended onto a table, you could overlay it on any map and then define where the areas of latitude and longitude should be drawn relative to the area you were trying to define.

At first I thought that perhaps the TV was on while I was sleeping, it is not uncommon for a real documentary to have bits and pieces intertwined in my sleep, however in this case, there was no TV on, and I have no idea how this dream came into being. So far as I know no such 'device' exists, but it seemed pretty real in the dream and looked something like this.


The closest I can figure, before going to bed I watched an episode of legends of tomorrow. In it John Constantine finds this odd alien map, which  he aligns to world map to determine a location. Perhaps this someone created the whole documentary in my dream - who knows?

A second dream I had that same night - I was 'sleep walking', now I wasn't actually sleep walking, I was having a dream that I was sleep walking. In the dream I walked into the bathroom and looked at my own reflection, and this is how I knew I was dreaming, because the creepy image that looked back at me did not have any eyes open and a weird empty black whole where my mouth should have been.


Seeing this reflection, I immediately realized that something was 'wrong' and that I must be asleep, possibly sleep walking.

Odd right?




No comments:

Post a Comment